Sunday, June 5, 2011

UPDATE & FLASHBACK, June, 2011

I left Kutira's Kamp on March 15, 2010 & returned home to New Jersey. I was emaciated & undernourished & weighed in at about 113 lbs. But I was ecstatic about my adventure & what I had felt, seen, experienced & fallen in love with in Maui. One month later, my high crashed & then I struggled along hoping to return to paradise. My plan was to work on a Bamboo Farm in Hana the next winter, however, fate intervened and on October 22nd, my 60th birthday, sometime after 1 a.m. as I slumbered from my birthday meal of food & wine, the windows of my 2nd floor office blew out, shattering from the heat of an electrical fire that started in the ceiling below & quickly flew up the balloon-frame of my old wooden Victorian house, engulfing the entire area in black smoke. I was unconscious & unaware of what was happening. But, by a twist of fate, a young off-duty firefighter was in his 3rd floor apartment down the street & heard the glass breaking. Looking out, he saw the flames & ran down the street, calling the alert to the fire station. He kicked my locked gate in, ran up on the porch & into the house. He determined there was no one downstairs & heard a sound upstairs. Crawling under the smoke, he pulled me out, wrapping me in a red quilt. I woke up on a guerney at East Orange General sometime after 3 a.m. I had that red quilt (& still do), but little else remained.

1 comment:

  1. Time for rebirth.
    At first things may be difficult.
    But soon this new life will all make sense.
    Finding purpose and meaning in this new path which has been presented.
    One mini step at a time will unfold into many.
    And create a whole new story, from your 2nd life's journey.
    Your life continues for a reason, and only time will tell, in some future season.
    Love Life Pat, and to the Fullest!

    From Lin Wood
    PS. Check my Facebook page;
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1158797023
    Whatever creates & brings Joy to you, follow it, live it, & be Happy!

    ReplyDelete